Wednesday, November 22, 2017

0 The Chaos Manifesto vs Iron Sleet #7


"To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times."


I care little for who wins this forsaken fight but rather only wish to survive as I have done for the hundreds of years behind me.  I will throw countless bodies in the machine if that is what it takes.  I will play both sides against the other and stab them both in the back when the opportunity arises.  If needed I will chew off my own leg in order to survive.  Dawn will come again for me and those that follow me.  This cannot be said for those who jeopardize my way of life. It is fool hardy to think that one can push another into a corner and not expect to have them fight back.  

I pushed hard last week to get the bulk of my painting done for the Iron Sleet Invitational; Thorn Moons Crusade.  I am pleased to say that taking the week off to do this was a success.  I have my 7 miniatures painted to what appears to be 99% completion status.  The only thing left is to get a few folks to critique my models.   One of the most pleasing aspects that I painted were the scrolls on my Rogue Trader.  This was my first ever attempt at painting script on a scroll and painting scrolls period.  The aging of the parchment makes me smile but the scrolls have the dark gods themselves smiling.  In order for me to get them painted this way I actually drew each of the scrolls and mapped each of them out.  This was crucial as it let me practice drawing the characters and made sure what I wanted would fit on the banners.  Another aspect of the Rogue Trader that I am pleased with is the flames.  Overall I'm extremely happy with how the entire warband turned out.  You will have to pardon my lack of posting but as you can see below I have been a busy little rat.







No comments:

Post a Comment