Wednesday, July 12, 2017

0 WIP it Wednesday #43: Helbrutes, Tigers and Decimators, Oh My!!!


A couple of weeks ago we took a walk down the yellow brick road to see how the Lion, the Tinman and the Scarecrow were doing.  The three of them had a solid base coat of verdigris on them and they march towards the fabled city of Oz.  Along the way they murdered a few flying monkeys, midgets and witches from which they used their blood to paint their armour.  Now coated in a rich vibrant red hue that greenish verdigris contrast the red oh so nicely while the splash of blue on them pops out at your face.  I have more work still to do on each of these three models, including the banner on the Scarecrow, wires, cables, horns, edge highlights and picking out other minor details but at least they can hit the table now.  

I did go ahead an order two more boxes of Khorne Berzerkers which will also act as my Blood Claws in my Renegade Space Wolves portion of The Ravenous.  On the Chaos side of things I order 2 boxes of Bloodletters and a plastic Winged Daemon Prince.  Couple this order with the "Get Started" Khorne set, 10 Bloodletters, 3 Juggernauts and a Skullcannon and I now have a solid foundation to make sacrifices to the Blood God.  Not sure what I will do with the Skullcannon but the kit was a steal as I got 25% off it from my local hobby store ThunderGround Comics.  Cannot kill enough emperor loving fanatics to show my devotion to this store; hands down the best hobby store I have ever been in.  Hope you are enjoying the journey that these three are taking as I am having a blast painting them.

The Lion, the Tinman & the Scarecrow

The Lion
The Tinman

The Scarecrow


No comments:

Post a Comment