Wednesday, June 28, 2017

2 WIP It Wednesday #42: Helbrutes, Tigers and Decimators, Oh My!!!


"All the life I had taken wasn't saving Oz, or even myself.  Killing the vulnerable was Dorothy's way but it didn't have to be mine"  Following the yellow brick road was my only hope in salvation for at its end lie the ancient gothic Emerald City.  Sadly Dorothy had nuked that city long ago as her opening salvo in what the munchkins or as I prefer to call them the squats are calling "The Yellow Brick WAR".  At the ruins of the once glorious Emerald City I will find the golden throne and the Wizard of Mankind.  For it is him that makes the yellow brick road shine through the darkness of the grim dark days and it will be him that provides me with the salvation that I need.

8th edition for me is the Yellow Brick road that I have long been waiting for.  It has not only reinvigorated my urge to play Warhammer 40k but is guiding me back towards my hobby desk.  That said desk is flooded with miniatures ranging from "lions, tigers and bears" and every spare fleeting moment that I have is spent churning out layer after layer of paint onto them.  Three specific models are currently steering my paint brushes towards them the majority of the time though;  the Lion, the Tinman and the Scarecrow.  

The Lion, the Tinman and the Scarecrow
Now while I have been devoting a large amount of time to painting I have managed to escape the confines of my desk not once, not twice but four times in the past 10 days to play Warhammer 40k.  I have to say that the new edition is by far the best thing that has happened since sliced texas toast bread.  Mmmm, white thick, glutinously delicious bread.  Eighth edition leaves me just as stuffed except more fulfilled then eating a loaf of bread.  The game is faster, more exciting and just as tactical as past editions.  Currently I have been play testing the Space Wolves side of my Ravenous army but I hope to place an order this Saturday for some Chaos reinforcements as it is lacking a bit right now.  Specifically I am looking at order more Khorne Berzerkers, a blob of Bloodletters, several Khorne Heralds on Juggernauts and a second Daemon Prince.  As you can clearly see I'm once again hooked on that golden grey plastic crack and all I can say is "there is no place like home".
The Lion
The Tinman
The Scarecrow

2 comments:

  1. You are totally right. Hell brutes look awesome. I started painting mine tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post an update for these bad boys next week as I have them at 90% complete. A ton of progress was made this past week on them. Cheers for the reply.

    ReplyDelete