Wednesday, June 21, 2017

2 WIP it Wednesday #41: Helbrutes and WTF!!!

I thought you said there was Helbrutes in this post but instead you have this monstrosity of a daemon engine laying waste to some poor saps, what's the deal HOTpanda?  The deal is that a long time ago in a far off galaxy I was told that this was not the Helbrutes I was looking for.  Luckily for me I was able to deny the witch and prevent the old mans jedi mind tricks.  One thing lead to another and I was the proud owner of a Chaos Decimator Daemon Engine!!!  Walking this freak of nature is no easy task and the size of his crap requires several body bags to clean it up.  Regardless I am pumped to own a beast like this.
I did end up finding the Helbrutes that I was looking for.  The reason I was looking for them in the first place was that I found the remnants of a Dark Vengeance model except that he was missing a god dam arm.  Needless to say I was gutted that I was missing bits for such a premier model.  When I was done sulking and finished wiping my tears I headed on down to my local gaming, Thunderground Comics where I found the second Helbrute I was looking for; I bought a god dam spanking new one.  The shiny new Helbrute comes with a metric ton of spare parts ranging from a Power Scourge, a right Helbrute Fist, a left Helbrute Fist, a Helbrute Hammer, a Multi-melta, a Missile Launcher, a Reaper Auto-Cannon, a Twin Lascannon and a Plasma Cannon.  Out of all of these I was able to build the brand new Helbrute with a right fist and the power scourge.
The broken janky Helbrute who lost his arm was kitted out with a brand new left fist and I modified his stoke multi-melta into a Twin Lascannon.  It took a bit of work with my ancient hobby knife that was dull as hell; I still do not know how I didn't lose a finger.  
Last but not least I noticed that my Dreadnought for my Renegade Space Wolves had its plasma cannon all busted up.  Stealing the bits from the new Helbrute I was able to fix this.  In addition the plasma cannon arm was never glued into place which allowed me to hotswap it for a missile launcher and a reaper autocannon arms.  All in all the hobby train is moving along at full power and there is little at this time that can slow it down.

2 comments:

  1. Where's that book hanging from your Helbrute from?
    Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry missed your comment there but fear not I found it. The book is from the Fantasy Flagellants Box set. Thanks for checking out the blog and for the comment.

    ReplyDelete