Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2 WIP it Wednesday #36: Hobby ADHD

 
My hyperactive mind has been firing on all cylinders this past week.  Image after image flood my mind with a plethora of ideas and concepts.  Each one just as satisfying as the next.  Yet each one is unable to  captured my attention for more than a few seconds.  Puking out concept after concept the mental paintings begin to blur into a cesspool of mental diarrhea.  Like that of a double edge sword, a blessing and a curse, or a mixed bag of treats.  Regardless of what I call it they each are but a synonym for the other.  Fragmented and frustrated at my lack of devotion I bounce from one idea to the next.  Never finishing what I started.  Yet each one stands proud before me on its merits alone despite the lack of balance or feet it has to stand on...

Robots from an alternative company that is testing the waters on a new line of 25mm models.  I simply took the white plastic out of their bag and played with them for several minutes....
A Dunny from Kid Robot production that I am using to test out weathering techniques with salts...
More Robots but this time on a much larger scale; 1/12th to be exact.  Same company as the mini robots above.  This robot is called Caesar and is made by ThreeA Toys...ROBOTS!!!....
Ravenous once again but from my drop pod company this time.  Previously painted with a horrific blue skin tone I repaint them one by one in my new pale flesh formula...
Hamburger and Fries inspired art for a ThreeA Toy drop called the 10 Finger Gang...
Oh and last but not least The Fallen, my new Dark Angels Renegade Warband that is devoted to the Chaos God known as Big Papa Nurgle...
Like I said a plethora of ideas each one just as import as the next ROBOT!!!  Together they have taken over the Man Studio.  Leaving me next to no room on my desk to work.  Resorting to make shift desks such as my dogs' crate and my chair I push on into the madness of my hyperactive mind...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know that feeling all to well, I fear...

    Those re-painted Ravenous are looking great! Somebody commented on your last post and called your models Blanchian, and I think that may be an apt description: Your rather "impressionistic", for lack of a better word, painting style is clearly reminiscent of some JB pieces. The paintjob may not be the most exact, but the results are still highly effective. Extra kudos for splicing in a WoC torso there ;-)

    Oh, and just when I had managed to convince myself that I would not be spending any money on that WFB Forsaken kit, you go and build those very inspiring Nurglite Fallen, using bitz from that particular kit. Thank you very much, mate! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Nurglite Fallen my fiend are my latest project and army that I am working on. In the building phase right now and let me tell you the time it takes for me to build one of them is unreal. A lot of work and time is being poured into these models to ensure their former identity is concealed. Keep your eyes peeled here and over at The Standard Template Construct as I will be dropping more images in the next couple weeks.

    PS - Tanks for all the kind words and for taking the time leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete