Thursday, January 31, 2013

4 WIP it Wednesday #35 - 30 Day of Night

Thirty days of nights have past since I first embarked on a the road to GottaCON 2013.  The preparation for such a journey was unprecedented and I was not sure if I could survive the task at hand.  Surrounded by darkness I trudged blinded towards the end of the tunnel.  Not able to see the light of day I wonder many times if I was even making any progress towards my goal.  Today, for the first time, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
 More specifically, I know that I will be going to GottaCON 2013 with a fully painted army.  No I have not quite finished painting my models but the list of things to do are diminutive when compared to what I have accomplished.  Ninety six infantry models painted and ready for battle.  With touch ups and some basing work left on my plate I have paused to sit back in delight.  Not wanting to languish in my accomplishments I have made a list of the monkeys on my back.

29 Jan - Basing
30 Jan - Basing
31 Jan - List, Back Story & Psychic Card Print Outs
01 Feb - Final Prep and rule refresher
In the end this project took conception on the 21 Nov 2012 with the birth of my army list.  Delivering the army to term over the next seventy days was a surreal task.  Factoring in that I was missing in action in Vietnam for just over half of those days and one can begin to understand the burden of my army.  In the end I painted one hundred and one infantry models and a Vendetta to boot.  Breathing a sigh of relief I now pet the monkey that was formerly clinging to my back.

4 comments:

  1. Just over 2 months start to finish?! Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome progress! can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, buddy! What a mind-boggling feat! What's more, even though you had to hurry, the finished army really has a strong visual identity - and let's not even get started on the myriad of cool conversions!

    I would love to see a couple of pictures of the army organised by squads, as soon as you have the time -- that would be sweet.

    Oh, and it seems even Deadpool found his way into your army (bottom left in the second picture) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zab - Of those two months I was away for 22 days. Essentially the army was complete in 48 days. In all reality having a tournament as a deadline has been the only way I have painted an army 100%. ALl other non tournament armies have languished over the years.

    @Ricalope - Thanks for the comments and FYI I cannot wait for this weekend to come.

    @Krautscientist - Thanks for the props buddy. After this weekend I will have my Model Monday series in full swing where I will be showcasing the entire army; squad by squad.

    ReplyDelete