Monday, November 26, 2012

2 Monday Musings of a Mantic #3: 1750pts Space Wolves

The blood of another coats my face in an oil slick film. Dropplets of the crimson ichor tickle my tongue with rage. Malice and wraith begin to course through my viens. Spewing out blasphemous words and litanies of hate. My corpse begin to contort and twist into impossible positions.  Enslaved for eternity to the only true God, I scream out his the various encarnations of its' name. Lord of Blood, Keeper of the Throne of Skulls and last but not least KHORNE!!!

Stumbling across the battlefields of death I come to the realization that the army Khorne wants me to lead is not my own but rather that of the blood on my face.  Sadden by its' lack of faith in my imagination I dare not question the God of Hate.  Its' voice reverberates through my feeble skull; causing hair line fractures through out it. Drawing upon the inspiration of others he allows me to make minor changes to suit my own needs.  I dare not show Khorne my appreciations through words as I know that the only thing that matter to it is loss of life but more importantly the spilling of innocent blood.  Furiously I scribble out the architect to animosity into flesh of my own body for all of you to see, scorn and criticize.

SPACE WOLVES - Main Detachment
100 - Rune Priest: Living Lighting & Stormcaller
100 - Rune Priest: Bolter, Jaws & Living Lighting (Exchange for 2 rolls on Divination)
085 - Lone Wolf:  Terminator Armour, Storm Shield & Chainfist
085 - Lone Wolf:  Terminator Armour, Storm Shield & Chainfist
175 - Grey Hunters x 10: Plasma x 2 & Power Axe
175 - Grey Hunters x 10: Plasma x 2 & Power Axe
170 - Grey Hunters x 10: Melta x 2 & Power Axe
170 - Grey Hunters x 10: Melta x 2 & Power Axe
115 - Long Fangs x 5: Missile Launchers x 4

IMPERIAL GUARD - Allied Detachment
070 - Primaris Psyker: Force Axe
030 - Platoon Command Squad:
075 - Infantry Squad: Krak Grenades, Flamer & Power Axe
075 - Infantry Squad: Krak Grenades, Flamer & Power Axe
075 - Infantry Squad: Krak Grenades, Flamer & Power Axe
075 - Infantry Squad: Krak Grenades, Flamer & Power Axe
045 - Special Weapon Squad: Flamer x 3
130 - Vendetta: Twinlinked Lascannons x 3 

1750 - Total Points

While the list itself is not Chaotic in nature the essence of Khorne is rooted deeply within its' bones.  While the list may play upon the strengths of the codex over the cannon of Khorne I ask that you here me out.  This army is but a moment in time for this renegade pack of wolves.  Still set in the ways of their forefathers reminisce of their past still linger.  The Rune Priest are the most prevalent of them and strike out in contrast to popular belief.  For me though I see it as the final string to a severed tendon; dangling by only a thread.  I look down upon them as the ancestor to that of the Dark Apostle.  Their mouths spit out guttural and blood-flecked gibberish that bestow the gifts of Khorne himself on to his followers.  Khorne simply loves them for their inner blood lust and hate.  Not quite refine in their ways of worship he turns a blind eye to their innocent and ignorant ways.  In time they will come to understand its' wraith and traits but until then Khorne will hold their hand within his clenched fist of rage.

What makes the Blood God smile upon them is their inner urge to the spill the blood of those around them.  Rushing forth into the fray of close combat this army lacks an overall presence of long range support.  It makes up for this with the sheer audacity of their close combat proneness.  All but two units are branded to the horrors that await them in the arms of Donnybrook.  They are but a means to an end, a distraction, a tool of destruction and bloodshed.  The darkness of corruption runs rampant throughout this army.  From the conglomerate renegade guardsman that have shed their heavy weapons for intimate instruments of war.  Bathing the enemies of Khorne in the inferno flames of his rage.  Combine with the duel Rune Priest this unit provides a wealth of dexterity both in terms of destruction and deterrence.  While they rush forward to the nirvana of death their brethren in arms, the Grey Hunters, stalk the peripheral of havoc for opportunities of violence.  These four wolf packs are the heart and soul of this army.   They are but disciples of Khorne Berzerkers.  While the two lone wolves are but a distraction of malicious fortitude.  Only time itself will determine the fate of the Imperium, while many will fall in his name their will always be war and blood for the Blood God.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of using Space Wolves for Chaos. The only thing that would make it better would be some sort of Chaos Boon table type thing, but for the curse of the wulfen. it would be pretty awesome having a wolf Guard leader turn into a full blown werewolf in the middle of the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given each of my Grey Hunters a Khorne inspired left shoulder pad. While their right is left blank to represent them abandoning their former linage. Your idea of a Wolf Guard leader turning mid fight is twisted and sick.

    ReplyDelete