Monday, November 5, 2012

7 Monday Musings of a Mantic #1: Cult of Slaanesh

Excruciating nightmares caused by an ecstasy of seizure.  Sleep has all but escaped my mind.  Spectres and effigies flash before my eyes. The pages of the encrusted tomb burned into my memories as I turn the filth encrusted pages.  Screams of pleasure reverberate as I the incantations spill forth from my lips.  I have indulged in the path of Chaos and for that paradise is lost.

Lost amongst the pages of the New Chaos Space Marine Bible I have been pouring over its pages non stop.  Slowly but surely I have been etching the words into my memory.  Letting the words themselves echo inside my skull. I bath my self in the carnal knowledge of the Dark Gods.  Wanting to share in my bliss I offer you my cultist a chance to share your thoughts and pleasures.  
The list below is my representation of a Cult of Slaanesh.  Utilizing both the Chaos Codex and the Imperial Guard codex I feel I have found a beast with two backs.  A limb is missing from this carnal glutton of an army.  I ask you my fellow followers of Chaos how I should spend the remaining 117 points (2000pt army).  If you feel my choice are of poor taste or that I have an uncanny fetish for the useless I beg you to share your thoughts with me by leaving but a minuscule comment below.

Chaos Space Marines - Main Force

180 - Chaos Lord: Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Power Weapon, Sigal of Corruption & Gift of Mutation
250 - Noise Marines x 12: Sonic Blasters x 12
250 - Noise Marines x 12: Sonic Blasters x 12
288 - Chaos Bikers x 9: Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, Plasma Gun x 2 & Power Weapon
170 - Heldrake: Baleflamer

Imperial Guard - Allies

090 - Company Command Squad: Sniper Rifles x 4 & Camo Cloaks
065 - Marbo
050 - Platoon Command Squad #1: Sniper Rifles x 4
065 - Infantry Squad #11: Autocannon & Sniper Rifle
065 - Infantry Squad #12: Autocannon & Sniper Rifle
065 - Infantry Squad #13: Autocannon & Sniper Rifle

050 - Platoon Command Squad #2: Sniper Rifles x 4
065 - Infantry Squad #21: Autocannon & Sniper Rifle
065 - Infantry Squad #22: Autocannon & Sniper Rifle
065 - Infantry Squad #23: Autocannon & Sniper Rifle

100 = Aegis Defence Line: Quad Gun

Total = 1883
The Traitor Guard are here to provide me with a plethora of troops that can actually provide some fire power unlike cultist.  I loaded up on autocannons for their general all purpose attitude.  The fourteen sniper rifles are there to help stack the odds in favour at taking out targets of opportunity.  Making a Nob's head exploded or a taking out a Space Marine Sgt is huge in my mind and worth the points if I can kill just one.  Add in the Defence Line for the Company or Platoon Command Squads to man and I have some anti air and a cover save.  Marbo is there for butt bubbles and giggles.  Want to see how he does at contesting objectives and or taking out walkers.
The Chaos portion is two medium sized Noise Marine Squads that can lay down a torrent of fire while still being able to claim objectives.  More troops never hurt in my mind.  The Lord and his Bikers are versatile unit that can help provide fire power and should do fairly well in close combat.  The Lord himself is a beast and should be able to take down most characters in a challenge.  His Burning Brand of Skalathrax should help BBQ the fat off of any unit as well.  They do have the flexibility to be outflanked thanks to the Lords steed.

Once again I ask you my fellow followers of Chaos how I should spend the remaining 117 points (2000pt army).  If you feel my choice are of poor taste or that I have an uncanny fetish for the useless I beg you to share your thoughts with me by leaving but a minuscule comment below.

7 comments:

  1. 100 for a stock helbrute and some left for maybe a chimera for a command squad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quad gun upgrade costs 50pts doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. who is that masked anonymous man??? Maybe he is a she but either way the he/she is right about the quad gun. Points have been adjusted. Thanks for catching that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious if the Lord is rolling with the Bikers, why not just give him a bike? It's the same price and he'll be able to turbo-boost with the bikes giving him a 4+ cover save and he'll be able to keep up with them if they all want to go max-speed. The advantage to the Steed is of course Outflank, but you could arguably make it to combat faster since you wouldn't be in reserve and you wouldn't end up on the wrong side 1/3rd of the time with Outflank.

    As for your 117pts, that's hard for this codex. 120pts will get you 4 naked Spawn, which could really help you since you only have one dedicated aggressive unit (aside from the Heldrake). The Maulerfiend's worth is becoming more and more apparent to me with its 5++ save and IWND special rule, but that's bit over 117pts as well.

    I can't remember the ally rules as I've never used them, but if you're allowed another HQ slot a Sorcerer could do wonders for your Noise Marines in the way of Symphony of Pain. A Sorcerer with Mastery Level 2 and MoS is only 100pts.

    Either way, this dex has a hard time covering a unit around 100pts or less except for Cultists, but you have their role covered with the IG allies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lantz I knew I could count on you for some cold hearted strategic advice. The steed is a relic of the list originally being modelled around the concept of it being an Alpha Legion knock off. Obviously the list has mutated into something of pure ecstasy. If I am to have a him on the bike though I would I think I should go with a Khorne Lord instead. UUUUGGGGGGG!!! Looks like I need to hit the drawing table again with this one. The one thing I want is to keep the IG portion of the list as it gives me a ton of troops that can actually reach out and kill somebody....

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my opinion, don't take an Icon on your Lord for your Lord, take it for your army. The icon is so minimal to the Lord as a unit, but to the entire army it's vastly important. So what fits your list better? Noise Marines or Berzerkers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noise Marines!!! Just love the pure firepower that they can pump into your opponents FACE!!! So easy to get lead astray with the codex...I have to say I am digging the complexity of the codex and the minuet restrictions that are placed upon you.

    ReplyDelete