Wednesday, October 3, 2012

0 Silvering Lining in the Cloud of Doubt

I see ye visibly, and now believe
That he, the Supreme Good, to whom all things ill
Are but as slavish officers of vengeance,
Would send a glistering guardian, if need were 
To keep my life and honour unassailed. 
Was I deceived, or did a sable cloud 
Turn forth her silver lining on the night? 
I did not err; there does a sable cloud 
Turn forth her silver lining on the night, 
And casts a gleam over this tufted grove.

John Milton in Comus: A Mask Presented at Ludlow Castle, 1634

No matter how menacing the clouds of vengeance may be if one looks deep into the heart of the tempest untold riches lie in wait.   As the turmoil of it's hatred swirl about in a destructive state they have the ability to conceal and distract one from what lies within.  Tossed about and infused with the hubris that fuels it's rage even the strongest of will and mind can become lost to chaos that surrounds it. With the cups of the Chaos Space Marine Codex upon us I fell victim to the maelstrom that circled it.  Venomous words spewed from my mouth as I bit with the disdain of revulsion to the new models that Games Workshop was releasing with the new bible of Chaos.  Blinded by my lack of fervidity towards the miniatures that were being set loose upon the galaxy I charged the ominous clouds around me.  Destruction was all that was left behind.

As the dust settled my temperament dissolved into the aftermath.  It was here that I found solitude in what had previously wrecked havoc on my mind.  The silver lining glittered with a smirk of spite before my eyes.  It whispered to me of a the fortune that Games Workshop had given me.  With a lack of enthusiasm towards the models being released I would be left with my coffers full.  With my wealth secured from the clawing grasps of Games Workshop I would be free to indulge myself with other means.  My mind became flooded with a plethora of explosive ideas.  Once again the storm clouds began to circle this time bringing life to my hobby rather than destruction and doubt.
As the rain pelts down on the rest of the naysayers I wait patiently for the new tomb of Chaos to be in my hands. From their I will know what fork in the road to take. For mine will be the one that is less travelled. I have glanced down each of these paths once before but it was merely a glance. I have longed for each of them since my delicate mind gave birth to each of them. To left Slaneesh teases all my senses with titillating images from corrupted sisters to the sweet sirens of it's sonic weaponry. Tzeentch whispers in my ears about what it has to offer me though. Ancient warriors encased in their sarcophagus like armour. The knowledge of its' words ripple into my soul. Nurgle moans about his forgotten warriors that languish in my possession. The Father of Decay threatens to infest my body with the filth of his noxious touch if I do not listen to its demands. The sands of time musts fall for the implications of my decision must be made after I have read the blessed words of the New Chaos. Till then I I refuse to wipe the smirk off my fragile face for it knows that the golden age of Chaos is what lines the menacing clouds with silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment