Sunday, December 4, 2011

4 Sunday Best #23: Green Stuff

"HULK SMASH!!!"  When Stan Lee created the green skin behemoth known as the Incredible Hulk in 1962 he created an anti hero that has stayed true to his mould for half a century now.  Stan Lee once explained that his inspiration behind the Hulk was from combining two of his favourite monsters. "'I combined Jekyll and Hyde with Frankenstein,' he explains, 'and I got myself the monster I wanted, who was really good, but nobody knew it. He was also somebody who could change from a normal man into a monster, and lo, a legend was born.' Lee remembers, 'I had always loved the old movie Frankenstein. And it seemed to me that the monster, played by Boris Karloff, wasn't really a bad guy. He was the good guy. He didn't want to hurt anybody. It's just those idiots with torches kept running up and down the mountains, chasing him and getting him angry. And I thought, 'Wouldn't it be fun to create a monster and make him the good guy?'"  This week's Sunday best also thought it would be fun to create monstrosity of his/her own with the help of everyone's favourite sculpting material "GREEN STUFF".

Hulk #1 - Dark Future Games: 13th Company Thunder Wolves WIP 1
Looks like CVinton got tired of fellow Dark Future Games author Old School Terminator hogging the lime light on Sunday Best.  It is clearly evident that CVinton has some serious Hulk inspired issues going here as demonstrated by his unique take on a Thunder Wolf.  I swear I can here the rage in the model itself is screaming out to smash the warp itself.

Hulk #2 Dark Future Games: 13th Company Thunder Wolves WIP 2
CVinton smashed the competition into a pulp this week and ended up eating all the lime light for Sunday Best.  His pent up modelling rage continued deep into the week when he created another one of his thunder wolf monsters.  The shear amount of detail that CVinton has bulked out into each of these models makes me want to smash my Space Wolves and start again.

Hulk #3 - Dark Future Games: 13th Company Thunder Wolves WIP 3
I fear that CVinton may not ever be able to revert back to his human form again.  An entire week as green Hulking monster is just too much for one to handle.  It is clear that as the week went on his level of rage grew with each new Thunder Wolf that he created.  Each one becoming not only bigger, furrier but also a hell of lot more scarier.

His pent up anger still continues as we speak as he he has produced yet another Hulk of a Thunder Wolf. His ability to think outside the box like Hulk inner ego Dr Banner clearly demonstrates that CVinton is still alive somewhere inside this green monster that he has become.   This is a first for Sunday Best by having only one blog in lime light but it only seems fair considering the Hulking nature of the blogger and the theme.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty flattered by this post. Thanks for all the praise. I'm really happy both with the models and the buzz they've created. This is the third "best" list they've hit and I don't really know of anything we've done that has been this wide spread. I keep posting updates every few days so keep a look out.

    Speaking of which, here is #4! http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/2011/12/13th-company-thunder-wolves-wip-4.html

    With the addition of a murdered thousand son I think the rage erupted in murder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The honour is all mine. My only fear is that you may have smashed Old School Terminator into a pulp. Cheers and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. This is a cool site and I wanted to post a little note to tell you, good job! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete