Sunday, November 6, 2011

3 Sunday Best #19: Hallowe'en

Hallowe'en, otherwise know as All Hallows Eves, is a yearly holiday observed around the world on October 31. There is much debate between scholars on whether it is a mutation of the Christian holiday "All Saints Day" and pagan festivals that honour the dead.  Regardless Hallowe'en is a holiday rich in tradition that range from trick-or-treating (also known as "guising"), costume parties, carving jack-o'-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, playing pranks, telling scary stories, watching horror films and eating a whole lot of candy.  WIthout a doubt this is my favourite holiday and these three bloggers captured the essence of it.

With Chris himself being of the undead blogger variety and a unquenchable thirst for terrain it is no surprise that his latest terrain features the dead.  To be more precise his terrain is decomposed of dinosaur skeletons.  This more than a mere trick as Chris has create seven master works of terrain that any gamer would die to play on.

Ian's dark ruinous power were at their full strength this past Hallowe'en.  With the local kids worshiping the unholy ground that his house is built on built and three daemonic idols in it was quite evident that the night was his.  His chaos pumpkin dedicated to the return of Horus was spectacular and his plague bearer pumpkin was sick.  My only complaint was that I did not get a full size chocolate bar.

This my fiends is a true treat brought to by the one and only Brian from A Gentleman's Ones.  His herd of zombies is beyond a belief and the dialog that he paired it up with was unreal.  These zombies are trick or treating for one treat and one treat only, Brains!!!  I'm not sure if Brian or if Tom will be enough to satisfy their undying hunger.

I was able to fill my gut for Hallowe'en by going on a Ghost Walk in downtown Victoria.  The night was filled with stories of grizzly murders, including one that may have been committed by "Jack the Ripper" himself.  To finish the night off I base coated 21 zombies of my own and butchered two helpless pumpkins.  My favourite holiday may be over a year away now but plans for next year are already haunting my head.

3 comments:

  1. Great links! 'very kind of you to mention me, and I am honored to be in such tremendous, malevolent company. Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps if I feed my zombie guardsman some brains they will paint themselves...perhaps they just ate mine for thinking that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude stop by next year. We don't give out that "fun size" crap! If there is any Chaos codex type release before next Halloween, how awesome would that be? The pumpkin would be Abaddon's herald.

    ReplyDelete