Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2 HoP Idol: Who Will Be the the Idol?


So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

With the House of Paincakes HoP Idol in it's greatest hits round, the top 3, I'm asking the blogging world to dance and to give their time to think. I'm in a dance to the death with two other authors who both have brought their game. Fear not though as I have dug deep into my arsenal and am busting a move with my audacious breaks and popping. Let's have a quick look at each of our competitors and what their series would be if they won the House of Paincakes first HoP Idol contest: 

Puking out a plethora of dumb questions HoTPanda has embarked on perilous journey in the realm that is Warhammer Fantasy. Lost at sea though this furry fiend has no idea where to start let alone what direction he should be heading in. He has been able to send out a series of messages in a bottle to ask you the readers for a helping hand. Each week he work his way from choosing an army to table top domination. In order to achieve this though he will looking at his audience to interact with him via comments and voting. Essentially you the readers are going to be his first mate and will guiding every decision that he makes. This army will not just be his but rather a community effort. 

Bold plans for a bold blogger is what Lantz has in the works. Sticking with the communities bread and butter Lantz is going to attempt to bridge the gap between 5th and 6th edition Warhammer 40k. With the plethora of rumours floating over the vast canyons of the blog-o-sphere Lantz will your sexy construction girl with the drive slow sign. 

With a voice and face for Radio Von is going to not only be your Dungeon Master but he will be the one holding hand as he dresses you up each week. Throwing down a d20 sized video blog Von makes a bold move to engage his audience through his soothing voice. He not only wants you to look down at his crouch for some strange reason but wants you to have a voice in where the Von Show will go. Essentially the blog itself is fashioned after a roleplaying adventure.

So there you have it folks, a HotPanda, a Coyote and some sort of a creature that is half tiger half octopus. Which one of these beast will be the first HoP Idol is up to you. Obviously you know who I have voted and want you to vote for but in the end the choice is yours. If I lose I may just be left "Dancing with Myself".

2 comments:

  1. Hah! Yeah, radio face syndrome is apparent in the House of Von - but opinionated-Brit-with-facial-hair-hiding-behind-amusing images has kind of been done already. D'you know I nearly published Yahtzee's novel, before he was famous?

    In all earnest, if I don't win I'd like you to. We need more exposure for things that aren't 40K out there. Lo does her best but she's only one voice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know behind all this fur is one hell of mug. Thanks for wanting me to be ahead of you if you cannot win. I went with a non 40k just for that simple fact that the blog-o-sphere is flooded with 40k. The House of Paincakes has the word international in front of it and it should be show case for all the various types of games out there. I have never played a single game of Fantasy but I do own a couple of the army books and the rule book. Unfortunately it looks like the competitions is between you and 40k Lantz unless Frontline Gamer backs me up and gives me a surge of last minute votes. Hey you, all the rest of my readers go vote for me. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete