Sunday, August 21, 2011

7 Sunday Best #8: Life, Death & Everything In-between

The Warhammer 40k blogging community ebbs with storms of the Warp by breathing both life and death into all those who wade into it.  New blogs are born each day while old slowly fade into the darkness of death.  Everything in-between is where the beating heart of our community can be found.  This weeks Sunday Best celebrates the life, death and everything in-between in the Warhammer 40k blogging community.

Life - Red's Corps: Optimization and a New Face
It may not be the birth of a new blog but Redcorps is breathing new life into his blog by implementing numerous improvements.  Like a phoenix raising high above the flames his improvement have sent his blog soaring through the internet.  Within a minutes of renaming his photos and tagging his numerous post his blog Games Workshop linked his photos on their Facebook page.  By the next morning on Google search his blog moved from the third page to the second the first page.  For him the re-brith of his blog is just the begging as he has a series of plans to help ensure it's survival for the long haul.

Everything In-between - The Dice Abide: As a Whole
I stumbled across this blog in-between the life of Redcorps and the death of Corbania Prime.  This is a highly polished blog that has been around for a quite some time.  It embraces all aspect of life by showing not only Warhammer 40k, but Fantasy, Blood Bowl and games by Privateer Press.  In-between their numerous blog pages is a dedicated and highly talented crew that is posed to take over the blogging community.

Death -  Corbania Prime: A long time coming...
It may have been a long time coming but the death of Corbania Prime took me by surprise.  His departure from the Warhammer 40k blogging community will leave a void like that of a dying star.  He unselfishly gave to the community through his all his endeavours.  He introduced me to blogging three years ago when I was on the verge of leaving 40k behind me.  He may be stepping down from the hobby but his legacy will live on through the numerous people he helped.

Each of these prolific moments is taking place throughout the Warhammer 40k blogging community on numerous blogs day in and day out.  Take the time and embrace each of these aspect.  Whether you start a new blog or breath life into your current one.  Contribute on daily basis by contributing, commenting or posting on one of many blogs out there.  And last but not least, pay your respects to various blogs that have fallen by leaving them one last comment.

RIP Corbania Prime...

7 comments:

  1. awesome pic of life and death. I had to save that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a while to find one but once I saw this pic I new it was it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine post, and a great Blog Hot Panda. I've been loving the Chaos Manifesto ao far (particularly those superb Nurgle bikers). Just you make sure you stay "in between" now you're past "birth". Thanks again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fear not as I am throughly enjoying my blog at this time and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Heads up for those that lurk in the shadows here; Model Mondays will be back when I get back from my business trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog HOTpants. As I said in reply to you the other day, the aesthetics and content of your blog make me want to try harder to present something that is as polished.

    Thanks for the back to back links and I am glad you are getting some value from what I am putting up. In addition to this, GW has actually gotten me to do a back to back post on their 'What's new today' blog which all started from the SEO/Web-presence optimisation process.

    Thanks again and I can't wait for your next posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dam that is awesome that GW actually contacted you to post on their facebook page...unreal. I am glad that you are enjoying the blog and I can only hope that I don't disappoint. If you or anyone else ever have any tips on how I can improve the blog please speak up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like a phoenix from the flames ....

    I can't even express how reading that made me feel, thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete