Saturday, July 9, 2011

3 Saturday Shout Out #4: THUNDERGROUND


Thunder Ground Comics is a place of legends.  For some its the mean streets of Gotham City.  For others its the planes of New Phyrexia.  For a select group its the dark and treacherous dungeons that are ripe for the plundering.  For some its the world of Caen and its hordes of steam powered machines.  For me its the iconic Cadian Gate. For each of us though its place to call home.

Whether your hobby is collecting comics, Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, Warmahordes or Warhammer 40k there is a spot to hang your hobby hat at Thunder Ground Comics.  Each gaming system gets 1-2 days a week for dedicated gaming while everyone is always welcome to hang out and do their own things.  In terms of Warhammer 40k its Sundays while some of us sneak in for painting and talk on Thursdays. The Warhammer 40k group has been ever so slowly growing thanks to the Stores always expanding selection of GW products.  The store has it all from painting supplies to custom bases, to moulding kits to Battlefoam Bags.  Let's not forget that is is also a Warhammer 40k 'Ard Boyz location.  ]
For me the store is unlike any other store I have been into and that is all thanks to its owner.  Who will not only bend over backwards to ensure your hobby needs are met but will make you feel at home in his shop.  My biggest regret is not finding it sooner as now I am moving away.  My time there was always filled with friends and the rolling of dice.  I have enjoyed ever minute spent there and if I had my wish I would bring the store with me to Victoria.  I recommend that if you are ever in the Edmonton or St Albert area (Alberta Canada) I highly recommend that you check out ThunderGround Comics as you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Can't argue with that really, sounds like a really fun store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even my two dog's love coming there as the owner gives them dog treats and water. Bet store ever just shame I am moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got back from a Magic 2012 pre-release event. Got some nice cards that I sold to the owner which got me some new paints and a draft.

    ReplyDelete