Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5 WIP it Wednesday #7


The devil is in the details and that is where he wants my efforts to be focus this week.  From painting fur pelts to wires to touching up the mistakes he is there each and every time.  Guiding and watching over my paint brushes to ensure that The Ravenous are made in his image.  Slowly but surely I have been plugging away at these models to ensure that I will have a fully painted army so I can enter one last tournament before I move.  What a way to leave the scene and the only other way it could taste better would be to win the tournament or even just best sportsman or best painted.  The list is in no way ultra competitive but rather a punch to face for mechanized armies.  It's aim is to collect trophies through the destruction of vehicles.  Snap Crackle POP!!!  It can throw an opponent off his game plan from the start of the game forcing them to reevaluate their course of action.  I plan on taking my camera to the tournament in a hope to put together a narrative battle report or two while documenting the tournament itself.  Right now I do have a bit of a hiccup in that I do not get off work till 10:00am with the tournament starting at 09:30am.  I am going to bride a fellow employee to cover off my shift for an hour or two.  If all goes to plan I should be their when the dice first hit the table.  This also means that I will have to have my army fully painted two nights before the tournament.  No sweat despite their being a long list of things still do as detailed in yesterday's post.  The devil however is prodding me with his pitchfork and is demanding that I get back to work but here are a couple WIP shots of The Ravenous.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting the painting done and at the tourney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Managed to get my fellow co-worker to cover off the last two hours of my shift which means I am in the clear to attend the tournament. Test base is drying right now and I should commence basing the army tomorrow. In the mean time I will be working on my Landspeeder and or the Rune Priest. On Saturday I will be devoting the entire day to my counts as Logan Grimnar "Wolf Lord Manitous Bloodmaw"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kept reloading the page till finally got to see the pictures, wasn't disappointed. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Man I hate that last minute tourney prep rush sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going well so far as the blog is helping me stay motivated. Tonight I was able to get 50% of my basing complete. I took a couple WIP shots for a bonus post tomorrow, so be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete