Thursday, June 23, 2011

6 I ate my Glue...it tastes like burning.

Just like Ralph Wiggum, "I ate my glue...it tastes like burning".  By this I mean I ate the white glue I was using to base my Renegade Space Wolves.  At least it did not "Taste like Grandma". Do not look at me that way or criticize me for it cause I know most of you have done the same thing.  For those who haven't I accomplished this by using a paint brush to apply the white glue.  I tried cleaning the glue off the bristle with my cup of water and a cloth but it was not very effective so I just ate the glue.  It tasted awful but it worked.  It took me around an hour to base all of my models including the dreadnought and the two Land Speeder.  I used one to two pieces of slate on each base then applied a custom sand mixture.  The bulk of it is comprised of the GW sand while the rest is divided between course and fine black stone.
While I was at it I also painted up a test base and I have to say that I am very happy with the outcome.  For it I started off by basing the sand Chaos Black followed by a highlight of Codex Grey.  Next I applied a second highlight by using Fortress Grey and then a server dry brush of Space Wolves Grey.  I plan on painting all the bases tomorrow thus leaving me Friday to Sunday to paint my two HQ slots and the Land Speeder.  If I am able to finish them then I will begin making three objective counters.
Of course this all could get side tracked by me eating all the white glue.

6 comments:

  1. I can't find it anymore, but I used to use a cheapo brush with plastic bristles to apply glue - didn't really stick to the plastic, so easy to clean off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton of brushes but my laziness takes over a times. Not mention the child mentality that lurks inside my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr to blogger and dumping my photos. I did find a way to ensure they stick by adding some glue to each picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's amazing. I am yet to do that but I have come close by accident a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know you can stick it under a warm tap and work the glue out with your fingers and the action of the water, right? It gets harder as I scale up from my usual Size 4 for model bases to a brush for painting walls, which I use for doing terrain, but I don't think I'd want to try and fit one of those in my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha not a chance. I was just being lazy and did not want to get up every 3-5 bases to clean off the brush. Hey it gave everyone a chance to laugh at me at least.

    ReplyDelete