Wednesday, May 18, 2011

3 WIP it Wednesday #2

Another adventure filled week, except mine was filled with models, paint and blogs where "Juniors" was filled with nazis, cannibals and snakes.  It might not be as glamorous as hunting for long lost treasure but my week was just as fulfilling.  Lets have a look at what I accomplished over the last 7 days.

First off I overhauled my blog template due to my last one being filled with dead end links and constant editing problems.  I manage to find a very similar looking template though and one that is a hell of lot easier to work with.  I also added a text widget on the lower right of the blog that tracks the progress of my Renegade Space Wolves.
The main feature saw me building up the red pigments on 16 out of 21 of my Grey Hunters, 7 out of 8 Wolf Guard and all 6 of my Long Fangs.  As the layers of red where slowly added to the models I was filled with an immense sense of pride.  The paint scheme was coming together and it pleased the Eye of Terror, not to mention myself.
You can see the Grey Hunters are painted 50% oxidized bronze/brass and 50% red.  Where as the Terminators are 75% oxidized bronze/brass and 25% red.  The idea behind this is the more bronze the higher the Renegade is in the packs pecking order.  The plan is for my HQs to be 95% Brass with only a a small splash here or there of red.
Despite picking a brush up for the first time in over 8 months I feel like I have improved greatly.  My patience is 10 fold and my concept of techniques has improved.  This has not only left me with a sense of pride for my work but also has left me with feeling of joy.  For the first time in the hobby I am actually enjoying the painting side of the hobby.  My goals for next week are to have all 6 layers of red painted on to my infantry models, minus my HQ's.  I also hope to have the scheme for my skin tones sorted out, and the priming of my Landspeeder, Dreadnought, Razorbacks and Vindicator. 

3 comments:

  1. darnit panda! i did not know you had another blog! I was wondering where you been at! how is everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @CanolliCrusader - Not really another blog but the rebirth of my old blog. Just started The Chaos Manifesto, has nice ring to it, two weeks ago. Over the last 8 months I have managed to get in 6-9 games a month but my modelling and painting was non existent. Now I am reinvigorated and enjoying all aspects of the hobby. Trying to get these Renegade Wolves painted by the end of June. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been ok, life has been all over the place...starting a new job on june 1st...been painting alot! look out for my new post tommorow morning, i think you will be impressed, i have stepped up my painting skills...i think.

    ReplyDelete